The Particle Xenon is a low-cost mesh-enabled development board. With the Nordic nRF52840 SoC you have all the power of an ARM Cortex M4 with OpenThread mesh networking, NFC, plenty of GPIOs, LiPo charging and more. The board is designed to act as a standalone endpoint or repeater in a Particle Mesh network.
This IoT development kit from Particle includes the Xenon development board, a mini breadboard, and a USB cable. The starter project includes two resistors of 220?, one red LED, and one photodiode.
The Xenon is also configured in the popular Feather footprint and so is compatible with Feather Shields! This includes a JST connector for a Li-po battery as well as charging of the battery over USB. Particle also provides an RGB status LED and a JTAG (SWD) connector for debugging and an onboard PCB antenna for your mesh network.
The Xenon comes with access to the Device Cloud (10 free micro networks available) as well as three free months of device Cloud access using a cellular gateway. The Particle Could has some great features for building connected projects, including over-the-air firmware updates, and easy-to-use REST API, and firmware development supported by web and local IDEs.
- Xenon IoT Development Board
- USB Cable
- 2x 220 Ohm Resistor
- 1x Red LED
- 1x Photodiode
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC
- ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @ 64MHz
- 1MB flash, 256KB RAM
- IEEE 802.15.4 - 2006: 250Kbps
- Bluetooth 5: 2Mbps, 1Mbps, 500Kbps, 125Kbps
- Supports DSP insturctions, HW accelerated Floating Point Unit (FPU) calculations
- ARM TrustZone CryptoCell-310 Cryptographic and security module
- Up to +8 dBm TX power (down to -20dBm in 4dB steps)
- NFC-A tag
- On-board additional 4MB SPI flash
- 20 mixed signal GPIO (6x Analog, 8x PWM), UART, I2C, SPI
- Integrated Li-Po charging and battery connector
- JTAG (SWD) Connector
- RGB status LED
- Reset and Mode buttons
- On-board PCB antenna for mesh network
- u.FL connectors for external antennas for mesh network, and NFC
- FCC, CE, and IC certified. RoHS compliant